FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What resources should I order to teach a D6 Curriculum class?
The Teaching Essentials Packet (TE) for every age group is designed to be an all-inclusive kit for the classroom experience. Each TE contains a Teaching Guide and a variety of resources, including teaching pictures and posters, reproducible in-class and take-home sheets, application verse posters, and more. D6 Teaching Resources are available for every age group from nursery to adult. Additional Teaching Guides are also available.
Digital Teaching Resources are also available in the store.
2. Does D6 offer a resource for at-home discipleship?
We suggest purchasing a Devotional Study Guide for every student to help them study the Bible outside the classroom. Devotional Study Guides are available for every age group from nursery to adult (nursery and preschool use the Cuddle Time Bible Story Book).
D6 Devotional Study Guides can be used by families at home even if their church does not use D6 Curriculum.
3. Does D6 Curriculum work for a large group/small group format?
D6 Curriculum is easily formatted to a large group/small group setting. The Connect and Learn portions of the lesson make a great large group experience, then the Explore, Apply, and Respond sections can be used for the Small Group experience.
4. We utilize multiple teachers for each class; can I make copies of the Teaching Guide for them?
All teaching resources are intended to be ordered per class. To help accommodate multiple teachers in a class, each Teaching Essential Kit includes a code to download a free PDF of the Teaching Guide which can be shared with teachers of the same class. Additional Teaching Guides are available in the store.
5. I saw where you offer curriculum bundles, what does that include?
A bundle includes: 1 Teaching Essentials Kit with Teaching Guide, 1 extra Teaching Guide, a code to download a PDF of the Teaching Guide, and 10 Devotional Study Guides (Preschool also include 10 Kids’ Cards).
D6 Curriculum bundles are only available through Randall House.
6. What age group uses Cuddle Cards and Kids’ Cards?
Cuddle cards are for the Infant/Toddler age group.
Kids’ Cards are for the Preschool age groups.
7. Why is there a translation option for Teaching Essentials Kits for Round 2 through Explorers?
The Teaching Essentials Kits for ages 4&5 and grades K-5 include Bible application verse posters. We offer four translation options (KJV, NKJV, NIV, and ESV).
8. Does the preschool curriculum follow the same scope and sequence as the elementary through adult?
Preschool students learn best from repetition, so we do not give them a new theme every week. To accommodate their learning abilities and keep our preschoolers connected with what the other age groups (and family members) are studying, we develop their month of study from one of the weeks everyone else is studying. Preschoolers will not be on the exact same theme as everyone else each week, but most of the time they will be on the same overarching theme of the month (there could be times when alternate special topics are studied).
9. How many lessons/weeks are covered in each issue of D6 Curriculum? How often do I need to order?
D6 Curriculum is a quarterly resource with dates built in. Each issue of D6 Curriculum covers 13 weeks, and is purchased quarterly. Each quarter’s material is divided into three monthly topics:
• One month studying Old Testament
• One month studying New Testament
• One month studying Special Topics
10. What is studied in the Special Topics unit?
Special Topic units examine cultural issues, universal questions of life, and theological topics. For more specific information, you can view the six-year Scope and Sequence.
11. I never have enough time to cover everything in a lesson, what should I do?
We intentionally include more material than you will cover in the typical class time. Each class is different so we give the teacher the freedom to choose what best fits the class. Some of the components can be used at home or in other church and small group settings throughout the week.
12. I have a class with a broad age range, how do I know which material to order?
We suggest ordering the curriculum that best matches the median-to-upper age of your students and adjust accordingly for the other students. Also, order Devotional Study Guides to match each student’s age.
13. What is a Teaching Nursery Ministry and how does it work?
The First Steps Nursery Program from Randall House and D6 Curriculum helps churches provide programming for the nursery classroom as well as tools and training for parents. First Steps provides an introduction and teaching of basic biblical principles and concepts to help lay a necessary foundation for spiritual development and growth. The program materials provide help for setting up a nursery, selecting equipment, recruiting and training staff, teaching toddlers, encouraging parents, and so much more.
14. Are there churches using D6 Curriculum I can network with?
Check out our D6 Teacher Facebook group.
15. Are there any training materials for new users of D6 Curriculum?
Yes! We offer training videos for each age group of D6 Curriculum.
16. Is there any video content in D6 Curriculum?
Currently, we do not provide video content in D6 Curriculum.
17. Do you have a statement of faith?
You can read our full doctrinal statement.
18. Do Doctrinal distinctive arise in the curriculum? If so where and how often?
While D6 Curriculum is used by many churches in different denominations, we are owned by the National Association of Free Will Baptists. Our doctrinal distinctives are presented in the Teaching Guides where they are clearly addressed in Scripture, so teachers can help students navigate doctrine. Alternative lessons may be available for some lessons.
19. Is there a website or Facebook page for D6 teachers to access additional info, teaching tips, and collaborate and share ideas with other teachers?
Yes, join the community of teachers at D6 Curriculum Teachers.
20. What is Elements Kids Worship curriculum and how is it different from D6 Curriculum?
Elements Kids Worship curriculum (EKW) is a large group format Children’s Church Curriculum designed to help kids learn the essential building blocks they need to become spiritual champions for Christ!
This downloadable curriculum gives you 12 months (52 weeks) of biblically-based and culturally-relevant lessons equipped with easy to use lesson plans, videos, and podcasts to help you partner with parents throughout the week to drive faith home. All for only $299 year!
Learn more about EKW at elementskidsworship.com.
Does Elements Kids Worship correlate with D6 Curriculum?
Elements Kids Worship curriculum correlates with D6 Curriculum and compliments it, but it does not use the same lessons.
D6 Curriculum uses a family theme for each week in a unit. The Element of the Month is based on one of those themes within the same month. That family theme (taken from D6 Curriculum weekly themes in a month) becomes the Element of the Month. Each week there is a new Big Idea of the Week that teaches a different aspect of that Element of the Month.
21. How can I order D6 Curriculum?
Digital Teaching Resources
1. Is D6 Curriculum available digitally?
Digital Teaching Resources for every age group, from toddler to adult, are available in the store.
2. What is included in the Digital Teaching Resource?
Digital Teaching Resources include digital files of the Teaching Guide and a variety of resources, including teaching pictures and posters, reproducible in-class and take-home sheets, application verse posters, and more.
3. Can we share a Digital Teaching Resource Pack if we have more than one class in an age group?
Each Digital Teaching Resource is intended to be used for one class, but can be shared by multiple teachers of the same class.
4. Can I buy just a digital copy of the Teaching Guide? Can I buy just the printed posters that come with the Teaching Essentials Packet if I order digital?
Individual Teaching Guides are not available digitally; however each printed Teaching Essential Kit includes a code to download a free PDF of the Teaching Guide. Teachers who prefer already-printed posters, but also want a digital version of the Teaching Guide should consider ordering the printed Teaching Essential Kits. Posters are not available separate from the Teaching Essentials Kit or the Digital Teaching Resources.
5. How are Digital Teaching Resources delivered and accessed?
Purchased Digital Teaching Resources are accessed in your Randall House web store account.
6. Are D6 Digital Teaching Resources refundable?
Digital Teaching Resources are not refundable.
7. Do Digital Teaching Resource orders automatically renew?
Digital Teaching Resource orders do not auto-renew.
8. Can I access D6 Digital Teaching Resources on my tablet?
You can share your downloaded resources (Teaching Guide PDF, etc.) with your electronic device.
9. If I need technical help with an order or digital resource, who do I contact?
NOTE: For bulk pricing discounts – or tax exempt orders in Tennessee – please call 1-800-877-7030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How can I order D6 Curriculum?
2. If I order too many resources can I return them for a refund? What is your refund policy?
Please call a Randall House Customer Service and Sales Representative at 1-800-877-7030 for approval prior to returning product. Returns are due by the 15th of the first month of the quarter and must include a Quick Fix form. A $5 restocking fee may apply to returned curriculum.
D6 Curriculum Bundles are not returnable.
D6 Digital Teaching Resources are not refundable.
3. Where are you located?
Our physical address is:
114 Bush Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37217
4. Is there a way to keep the printed curriculum coming every quarter without re-ordering each time?
Yes, we can make your order a Standing Order that will automatically be shipped every quarter. Please call 1-800-877-7030 to speak with a Customer Service and Sales Representative or email us at email@example.com. If you need to make any changes to your order call us at least nine weeks before the next quarter begins.
5. What is the shipping cost for D6 Curriculum?
There are several variables that affect shipping costs (weight and destination), but online orders pay 10% of their order total for shipping. Our minimum shipping fee is $8 for orders under $80.
6. Do I have to set up an account to order through your store?
7. How do I create an account in your store?
8. Can I order both print and digital resources in the same order/transaction in your store?
9. How do I access my digital purchases?
Digital purchases are accessible in your My Account page.
10. The store will not let me order without a credit card, is there a way around this? My church only pays from an invoice, is that an option?
Please call 1-800-877-7030 to speak with a Customer Service and Sales Representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D6 Digital Teaching Resources can only be ordered online.
11. How can I expedite shipping for my order?
Please call 1-800-877-7030 to talk with a Customer Service and Sales Representative or email us at email@example.com.
12. When can I expect my order to arrive?
Orders usually ship by the next business day and can take from one to five days depending on your address.
13. My Randall House store account username or password is not working; what do I do now? My order would not process; who can I contact for help?
14. How do I edit my account information in the store?
Login to your My Account page.